sunsetxcocktail

Amy Plum
Daughter of the Burning City
Amanda Foody
Progress: 56/384 pages
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die)
Danielle Paige
Dragonfly in Amber
Diana Gabaldon
Progress: 350/976 pages
Rocky Mountain Miracle - Christine Feehan

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I've read a few of Christine Feehan's Carpathian books and enjoyed them, and have a few others of hers to read. So I put in a request when I saw this one pop up on Netgalley, for a wintry themed romance.

I did enjoy it, maybe not as much as the vampire books, but it was still pretty good. It depends rather a lot for me on a romance whether or not I like the characters. Its very much of the alpha male who's broken and dangerous variety need just the right woman to fix him story.

I just didn't like Cole that much. I understand where he's coming from. A very brutal and tragic past made him very cold and guarded. Its easy to understand, but he was rough and pretty much to me at least a gigantic asshole. I did however, absolutely love the woman in the story, Maia. Strong and smart, and kind. Determined.

I did warm to Cole as the story progressed. The plot was fairly predictable as the two characters get involved in each others lives and figure out where they're going as their feelings for each other deepen. I liked the paranormal aspect and how that worked its way into the story. I also liked Jase, Cole's troubled teenage half brother.

And how with Maia, they became a family.

(show spoiler)

Wrapped up well, again, completely predictable, but it was romantic and nicely written. I liked it.

Thank you to Netgalley and Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books for approving my request to view the title.

Also crosses off a Square for my Holiday Bingo Set During Christmas Time.