sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Progress: 102/496 pages
The Hanging Girl
Eileen Cook
Progress: 18 %
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 30 %
SPOILER ALERT!

Review: THe Red Bishop

The Red Bishop - Greg Boose

I recieved a copy from Netgalley.

DNFing at 53%.

Contains a pretty big spoiler, which will be mentioned in a rant because it irritated me.

This one started off quite good. I liked the main character and her spunky don't take no crap from anyone attitude. The haunted house set up was nice and creepy. Then it rapidly decended into stupidness and lame horror movie stuff. A paranormal element thrown in with some freaky witches and witch hunters.

What really pissed me off was when our heroine found out she's the one to defeat the witches and save the day because of her special red hair. Really? For fucks sake it seems that every speshul snowflake YA character lately has red hair. It's getting beyond ridiculous. Okay, granted, the girl on the cover had red hair and it's called the Red Bishop but still. I wasn't expecting that and I wanted to throw it out of the window right then.

(show spoiler)

But by the half way through point th plot was so ridiculous and my liking for the main character had rapidly dwindled, particularly when someone described as a bad ass became insta love attached to some spirit boy she saw briefly for a few moments.

Just awful.