Meagan Spooner
Progress: 78 %
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Stephen King
Progress: 1007/1394 pages

Review: First Frost

First Frost - Sarah Addison Allen

I snagged a copy from Netgalley when the title was available as a 'Read It Now'.

An enjoyable, meandering, feel good read. Nothing much really happens, but the writing, the prose and the story telling, are so beautifully written its impossible to put down. I haven't read the first book, so I can't make any comparisons.

But I did really enjoy this book. Some bits more than others, I did find it slightly dull in parts. There's more character study and the lives of people in small towns and family drama than anything else happening. And the author's wonderful touch of magical realism filtered through. Which, coupled with the lovely writing, is why I'm starting to love these type of books. The subtle hints of magic and unusual things that feel completely normal in this type of world are wonderful.

Some nice in depth character building, I enjoyed getting deeper into the personalities of each of the different Waverleys and how they all come together no matter what. It did have a little bit of an afternoon movie feel to it, but I enjoyed it all the same.

And am definitely looking forward to reading more by this author.