sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 108/368 pages
Reign of the Fallen
Sarah Marsh
Progress: 99/384 pages
The Glass Spare (Seventh Spare Series, Book 1)
Lauren DeStefano
It
Stephen King
Progress: 643/1394 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Godsgrave: Book 2 of the Nevernight Chronicle
Jay Kristoff
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages

Review: First Frost

First Frost - Sarah Addison Allen

I snagged a copy from Netgalley when the title was available as a 'Read It Now'.

An enjoyable, meandering, feel good read. Nothing much really happens, but the writing, the prose and the story telling, are so beautifully written its impossible to put down. I haven't read the first book, so I can't make any comparisons.

But I did really enjoy this book. Some bits more than others, I did find it slightly dull in parts. There's more character study and the lives of people in small towns and family drama than anything else happening. And the author's wonderful touch of magical realism filtered through. Which, coupled with the lovely writing, is why I'm starting to love these type of books. The subtle hints of magic and unusual things that feel completely normal in this type of world are wonderful.

Some nice in depth character building, I enjoyed getting deeper into the personalities of each of the different Waverleys and how they all come together no matter what. It did have a little bit of an afternoon movie feel to it, but I enjoyed it all the same.

And am definitely looking forward to reading more by this author.