sunsetxcocktail

sunsetxcocktail

Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 500/976 pages
No Humans Involved
Kelley Armstrong
Progress: 213/438 pages
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices)
Cassandra Clare
Progress: 412/688 pages

Review: Supervision

Supervision - Alison Stine

I received a copy from Netgalley.

Unfortunately this is a DNF for me. Made it 51% in, but I'm not really liking it and don't really have much inclination to finish. The idea was a good one, and there were some fairly compelling ideas and mystery to the novel. At least to start with.

I just found it boring. I wasn't really that invested in any of the characters, I didn't get any sense of much of a personality from the main character, Esme at all which made it really hard to like her. The idea behind the ghosts appearing was not exactly original, but at least interesting enough. The strange circumstances surrounding Esme's predicament were interesting, but as I just didn't care one way or the other what the truth about what happened to her was, it became boring and uninteresting.

There was lots of tell and no show either. I didn't get much of a sense of atmosphere or surroundings other than being told a dull town where nothing ever happens, and then something about missing kids. But it was all...like so what? Half way through and hardly anything has happened, so at this point I'm giving up and moving on.

I would read something by this author again, there's certainly potential in the style of the writing, but this book was not for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Voyager for approving my request to view the title.