Meagan Spooner
Progress: 31 %
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Stephen King
Progress: 974/1394 pages

DNF: Midnight Taxi Tango

Midnight Taxi Tango - Daniel José Older

I received a copy from Netgalley.

Not for me. DNF at page 69. Initially the blurb in this one got my attention, I haven't come across any new adult urban fantasy in a while and this sounded pretty good. I didn't realise that it was the second book in a series (but then again I've gone in on book 7 of urban fantasy series before and just about got the gist of what was going on). I did end up purchasing a copy of the book as well because by the time I got around to reading it, the kindle file I had from netgalley had weird formatting and title had already been archived.

It was certainly one of the most creative and diverse urban fantasies I have come across in a long time. Highly original concepts and characters and a brilliant sense of place and setting. Unfortunately, I just don't like it. As good as it is, and brilliantly as it's written it feels like there is far too much going on and I can't seem to connect or get a particular liking for any character enough to continue.

So DNFing. Definitely an author I would read again, I already have another book of his to read at some point in the future, but this particular series is not for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Berkley Publishing Group for approving my request to view the title.