sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Progress: 102/496 pages
The Hanging Girl
Eileen Cook
Progress: 18 %
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages
Invictus
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 30 %

Broken Elements (Elements, Book 1)

Broken Elements - Mia Marshall A brilliantly written and intriguing paranormal mystery. With no over tone of a romantic subplot. Which worked very well. I loved the use of magic, the elemental powers were fascinating, and the murder mystery was gripping. I was completely surprised when I discovered who was responsible, never even saw it coming.The story starts with a lone woman sat on her porch, Aidan Brook has been in hiding for ten years and dragged back into a world she had run from when her former best friend turns up asking for her help. I didn't particularly like Aidan much as a main character, she came of very distant and rather cold. As the story progresses into the murder mystery, we learn why she ran away and why she is the way she is. As she gets back into the swing of things with her former friends, the character develops well throughout as the plot grows. She's smart, she's got a brain in her head and thinks before she acts.Even though I didn't particularly like her all that much, the novel was so well written I was able to over look that and thoroughly enjoy it. The writing is clear and very visual, and there's well placed touches of humour as well as scary stuff and magical world building throughout. Though on the world building there's a huge info dump right at the start on how all the elementals came to be and where the power comes from which I could have done without right off the bat. All in all, a very good read with some great twists in the plot that propel the story forwards at a fast and exciting pace. I look forward to more from this author.Thank you Netgalley for allowing me to view this title.