Meagan Spooner
Progress: 106/532 pages
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Godsgrave: Book 2 of the Nevernight Chronicle
Jay Kristoff
Progress: 38 %

Angel on the Ropes

Angel on the Ropes - Jill Shultz I originally read the synopsis for this book on a Librarything.com member give away, which I applied for. My initial fist impression was ooh sic-fi futuristic version of The Night Circus with leopard shapeshifters. And of course I was completely and utterly wrong. Then I got excited when I found the book on Netgalley with a read now available. And as it turned out, I won the librarything.com member give away too. As it turned out my interpretation of the synopsis was wrong, but that didn't matter as I fell completely in love with the book anyway. A vivid, engaging story with a wonderful human cast of characters set in a futuristic world. Turns out the "leopards" in the books were people with spots on their skin supposedly held responsible for a deadly disease. The main female character is one of these leopards and a brilliant trapeze performer.I won't go into too much detail of the plot as it would be spoilerful and basically rehashing the story. It was incredible, dark in places, and fascinating future world to read about with some social issues and problems that made you pay attention and want to know how everything came out in the end. Gripping characters, beautifully written, vivid and engaging. I loved it from start to finish. Thank you Netgalley for the read now ARC, and thank you Librarything.com for the member giveaway.