sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 209/416 pages
Legendary
Stephanie Garber
Progress: 105/416 pages
Children of Blood and Bone: The OrÏsha Legacy (Children of OrÏsha)
Tomi Adeyemi
Siren's Call
Devyn Quinn
Progress: 214/400 pages

30 Day Book Challenge Day 5

American Star - Jackie Collins The Power Trip - Jackie Collins Twilight  - Stephenie Meyer

"A book that makes you happy."

I don't really read a lot of feel good stuff. Most of the stuff I read is paranormal romance/urban fantasy and I'm a sucker for angst and drama.

Though when I want a fun read that doesn't make me think much, I turn to Jackie Collins books. And my favourite paranormal romance to make me happy is Twilight.

Jackie Collins books are immensely fun. When I'm reading one I devour it. They're trashy, they're glamorous, the characters aren't complex, the romance is hot and the plot don't require any sort of thinking.

My most recent favourites that make me grin a lot were American Star, sort of like a modern day fairy tale. Small town girl develops romance with big Hollywood movie star, they had a fling when they were teens and come together again when they're adults looking for a new life.

The Power Trip is about a billionaire and his model girlfriend inviting a select number of couples aboard a fancy to of the range yacht for the best vacation ever. There's a gay latino pop sensation and his stuck up English older interior designer to the stars boyfriend, the British footballer and his trophy wife, a journalist friend of the billionaire and the friend he brings with him, a hugely popular movie star and his much younger girlfriend, a Senator and his supposedly push over wife. Sun, fun, drama and then the boat is raided by Somali Pirates.  So entertaining to read about this celebrity couples and their relationships, the outrageous flirting, the OTT drama, the back stories. Again, a feel good read.

And good old Twilight. Vampire romance of the cheesiest. I could read this again and again and again without the three followup books. Even though Bella is annoying and Edward if far too perfect (sister Alice is the best character in the book)  and there are way too many sparkly vampires and enough angst to fill the Grand Canyon, I still love it to pieces.