sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 32/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 47/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 20 %
Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Progress: 151/400 pages
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 24 %
The End of Oz
Danielle Paige
Progress: 53 %

30 Day Book Challenge Day 10

The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien The Tiger Who Came to Tea - Judith Kerr Goodnight Moon Board Book 60th Anniversary Edition (Board Book) - Margaret Wise Brown, Clement Hurd

"A book that reminds you of home"

This was a hard one to pick, as I took a while to come up with an answer. The first books that came to mind were the first books I loved as a child therefore bring a sense of home and mum, and the first books I can remember were The Tiger Who Came To Tea and Goodnight Moon. I used to be able to quote these books word for word.

And in later years, Lord of the Rings, because it reminds me of my Dad. It's one of his favourite books, and I remember he wouldn't let me see the first movie until I read The Hobbit, which I did. And then when we went to see the movie and I loved it, I wanted the books, and I remember him telling me about the books and how he read it when he was in his teens and loved it.

I tried reading it myself when the first movie came out, but just about made it through the first book. Then last year, I got it on iBooks, and started reading in August, and am still trying to finish it. Even if it I never get round to finish, it carries a sense of home and Dad for me.