From the Earth to the Shadows
Progress: 106/532 pages
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Progress: 48 %

30 Day Book Challenge Day 11

Fifty Shades of Grey  - E.L. James

"A book you hated"

This one goes to the abysmally bad 50 Shades trilogy. I've had a fascination with the BDSM lifestyle for several years now, so when reviews for this from friends started appearing on my Goodreads page I was mildly curious. The reviews from the friends on my page were mostly raving about how unbelievably awesome it was.

I think it was morbid curiosity that got me to actually read it, that and it was on sale at amazon for like, 60p or something stupid. And my god was bad, Quite possibly one of the worst books I have ever read. Laughable characters, stupid plot and boring sex. And the tampon thing? Seriously disgusting. The only thing I liked about it was I found the email exchanges rather amusing.

I had no plans on following up with the sequels, but I downloaded them when I was drunk. But by then everyone in my office was reading them and seemed to think along the same lines I did over how utter shit they were but it was a morbid curiosity to know how it ended. I skimmed through the second book and will never ever open the last one.

I've seen CSI episodes with the BDSM theme that were sexier and better written.