sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 423/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Invictus
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %

30 Day Book Challenge Day 15, Day 16

The Stand - Stephen King The Awakening  - L.J. Smith Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris Dead to the World (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 4) Publisher: Ace - Charlaine (Author);  Harris Dead as a Doornail (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 5) - Charlaine Harris

"Favourite Male Character". "Favourite Female Character"

Fell a little behind on this challenge, so catch up time.

First one that comes to mind for me is Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand. The Walking Dude. The Dark Man. I thought about all the hot guys from all the YA books, urban fantasy and paranormal romances I've read over the years, but Randall Flagg's name is the one that pops up to me immediately.

One of my favourite King villains because he's one of the scariest. I don't think he's actually the Devil himself, he's the Devil's right hand man, the evil in the epic battle of darkness vs light in the Stand. Flagg is the opposite of everything good, he's leading the bad guys but the scary thing is you never quite know what his plan actually is, (other than scaring the living shit out of the reader) even his own followers are afraid of what he represents. He manages to get them to do the majority of the dirty work in his name.

Flagg for me in a morbid sort of way is as fascinating as he is terrifying which makes him my top male literature character.

And an honourable mention goes to Damon Salvatore from the first three Vampire Diaries books as he was the first book bad boy I loved. I read the Vampire Diaries books when I was about 14/15 and loved them to pieces, and 15 years later, I still love them. Which also ties into Elena Gilbert being one of my first favourite female characters. In the books she's described as 'cool blonde and slender, the fashion trendsetter'.  She was everything at 15 that I wanted to be. Her friends were awesome, she lived in a cool town steeped in Civil War history, and had two gorgeous vampire brothers fighting over her love. And the end of the third book was a total heartbreaker. (Where the series should have ended and stayed ended) leaving Elena as a teen book heroine with an awesome legend.

And my other top female character is Sookie Stackhouse. Book Sookie is quirky and charming and very easy to identify with.  And with her mind reading ability its easy to see how she tries to keep a low profile and why she's attracted to the vampires who come into her life. Even though the drama takes off right away and a whole world of paranormal creatures comes into being.

Sookie still tries to maintain something of a normal life, a normal job, and some of the books go on to mention every day things. Another reason I love her so much, she doesn't let the paranormal craziness completely consume her. She has values and principles as well and doesn't tend to get a swelled head about how these creatures are constantly coming to her door. I love her voice and her character.