sunsetxcocktail

Amy Plum
Daughter of the Burning City
Amanda Foody
Progress: 56/384 pages
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die)
Danielle Paige
Progress: 110/490 pages
SPOILER ALERT!
Allegiant  - Veronica Roth

1.5 stars.

Not impressed at all with this one. I wasn't blown away by the first book, the last 100 pages or so of Divergent was the best bit of it, the second book, Insurgent, I liked the plot a little more but the characters were so flat they irritated the hell out of me. Only I'd read enough to know that I wanted to know how the whole thing actually ended.

So I got Allegiant the day it came out on Kindle. And I read some reviews and saw the major spoiler. Truth be told, if I hadn't read the spoiler and wanted to know how it actually happened, I would have given up with this book well before the half way through point.

For starters, the two view points. Personally I like different view points, the problem I had with this book was both voices sounded exactly the same! There was no real difference in tone between any of them. And compared to the other books Four was pathetic beyond belief. Triss was obnoxious and irritating. The only character I liked here was Christina.

The world building I waited three books for was utter nonsense. And the plot was dull and utterly uninteresting.

Major spoiler!!!!

When I finally got to finding out how Triss died- it was boring. I was half expecting some big ass explosion or something dramatic to save a bunch of people. Which it sort of was, but at the same time was...really? That's it? Dull.

(show spoiler)

Its only redeeming feature was that in a way it did actually end the way I was sort of hoping it would.