sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 108/368 pages
Reign of the Fallen
Sarah Marsh
Progress: 99/384 pages
The Glass Spare (Seventh Spare Series, Book 1)
Lauren DeStefano
It
Stephen King
Progress: 643/1394 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Progress: 68/353 pages
Godsgrave: Book 2 of the Nevernight Chronicle
Jay Kristoff
Progress: 8 %
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill

Thank you @BloomsburyBooks for the paperback of this fantastic book won from a goodreads.com giveaway. Short review - I loved it. More detailed review to come.

3/12/13

A few days later now I can maybe come up with a coherent review. I put in a request from Netgalley when I first saw this title, and was a little disappointed when I was unapproved, the gist of the email I got was I was rejected because I wasn't a UK resident. WTF? Says so in my goodreads profile. Anyway. I saw All Our Yesterdays in two bookshops and must admit I passed on getting it. And at some point I obviously entered a goodreads give away, because I got an email telling me I had been one of the lucky winners.

Initially the reason I passed on picking the book up when I saw it in the shops was I generally avoid time travels. As I've been a Doctor Who fan for many years (up until the last two seasons) even though I still thought I would always make unfair comparisons and no one does time travel as good as the Doctor.

That being said, I'm so glad I won a copy of this book because as it turned out, I loved it. The sciency stuff wasn't hard to understand and made sense. Initially Marina's character annoyed me as she was spoiled and shallow, though props to her for being in love with her super smart friend and not some jock. I found I liked Em's character much more. She was brave and determined and smart and I loved her. I liked future Fin and past Fin both a lot as well. James kind of irritated me, but in a way, I could understand where he was coming from with his actions.

The plot was full of twists and turns, and there were several times when I thought I knew where it was going, but it didn't really matter because the story telling was so good. Even so, it twisted and threw me completely.

The two duel points of views, were exceptionally well done. The story telling was superb. Engaging, riveting and heart breaking at the end.

I can't wait for the next one.