sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 24 %
Girls of Paper and Fire
Natasha Ngan
Progress: 10 %
A Discovery Of Witches (All Souls, #1)
Deborah Harkness
Progress: 537/688 pages
The Towering Sky
Katharine McGee
The Arsonist
Stephanie Oakes
Progress: 209/493 pages
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith
Progress: 205/405 pages
The Abyss Surrounds Us
Emily Skrutskie
Progress: 16 %
The Carrie Diaries - Candace Bushnell

I read this in two settings whilst on holiday in November last year. A very enjoyable coming of age contemporary YA novel. Initially picked up at the bookshop because I'm a Sex and the City fan. Whilst I wasn't all that impressed with the original book, I still like the TV show, so was curious to know how all the girls met.

The Carrie in this book bares in my mind absolutely no resemblance to the woman she will become, even though, I think that's a good thing because anyone who loves fun YA contemporary reads can pick this story up and enjoy it without knowing anything about who Carrie Bradshaw is.

She was very likable, and a believable character as a teen in the 80s. The story was pretty good, trials and tribulations of seniors in high school ready to discover more beyond their small home town. Learning who your real friends are, mean girls, parties, classes, looking at prospective colleges and romance and a desire for New York City all make for a fun entertaining story.