sunsetxcocktail

sunsetxcocktail

Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 500/976 pages
No Humans Involved
Kelley Armstrong
Progress: 213/438 pages
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices)
Cassandra Clare
Progress: 412/688 pages
Entice - Erica Crouch

I received a copy from Netgalley.

A fascinating look at Pen and Azael after the fall of Michael set before the events of the first book Ignite. I love the depiction of Hell in this series, it's morbidly fascinating to see it from the demons point of view especially that of Pen in this novella, fallen but not quite sure if she's made the right choice.

She's trying to be strong and indifferent but torn on where she really stands. I didn't like her brother Az much in this one. He was brutal and arrogant and completely full off himself, sure of gaining status going up in the Hell hierarchy. Pen of course is unwavering loyalty to him which is in a way fascinating as her thoughts are so different.

The story deals with Pen and Az given a chance to prove themselves by corrupting Eden and leading to the fall of Adam. There's hidden twists to the a familiar story ands it's exceptionally well written. Beautifully dark and depicted very clearly. The imagery is amazing. I loved it.

Thank you Netgalley and Patchwork Press for approving my request to view the title. Can't wait for the last book in the series.