sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 207/336 pages
These Violent Delights
Victoria Namkung
Progress: 56 %
The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch)
Rin Chupeco
The Monster Within: Elemental Love (The Monster Within, #1-7) - Cerys du Lys

I received a copy from Netgalley.

Not for me. Started out quite interesting but at 30% I have had enough. The world building is interesting but I don't like the main character. Solace started off being intruiging if too sweet and nice. For some reason everyone in town hates this girl and is horrible and she just...takes it. And tries to be nice and kind. Initially I was curious to why, but now I'm not making progress with this book and finding the plot slow and dragging.

Even when sent off to be a sacrifice bride for a demon king she just sort of accepts her fate to help her townspeople in keeping an ancient pact. They're so horrible to her! The demon king was uninteresting and Solace was still so innocent and naive and sweet it was really annoying. While there were some fun fantasy sex scenes that were quite hot, I'm not really interested in finishing this novel. I keep putting it off so at this point I'm giving up.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me access to view the title even though it this particular book was just not for me.