sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 423/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Invictus
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %
Under These Restless Skies - Lissa Bryan

I received a copy through Netgalley.

The blurb on this book sounded refreshingly different, I would never have thought of putting together a Tudor based historical romance with a Selkie myth. I've and as some mixed experiences with romance based on water mythology and the last one I read turned out to be pretty I awesome, since this sounded so intruiging I put a request in.

And I did love the book. I thought the mix of historical figures and the Selkie story were wonderful together, I absolutely loved adored Will and Emma. Clearly a lot of thought and research went to the novel and it cleared showed. It was exceptionally well written and fascinating to read. My knowledge on her subject is limited to what I remember from history classes but I know the basics of the Anne Bolyn story it was still a compelling read. I enjoyed Anne's characterization, there were points were I even liked King Henrry though that dwindled rapidly.

Emma was the best character of all, the Selkie maiden learning how to human and her pure love for Will was heartwarming. She was honest and kind without being simpering or annoying, she was strong and full of her own magics which worked wonderfully within the story.

My only real issue with the book was the pacing was very very slow which is why it was a four star rather than a five. Even so I still loved it. So a huge thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for granting me access to view the title.