sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 445/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Invictus
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - April Genevieve Tucholke

I received a copy from Netgalley.

***Some very mild plot spoilers****

I've had this book on my to be read list for what seems like ages. I've seen a mixed bag of reviews, and then saw the UK version available on Netgalley and thought oooh! That's on my want to read list. So I put in a request. Admittedly once approved I sort of went into this one expecting the worst based on some of the reviews I read, but turns out I absolutely loved it.

Took me a while to get into, I was very slow at reading the first ten percent of the book, but once I picked it up again, it took me about three days to finish it. I loved the setting, small town by the sea with a crumbling mansion with lots of back story. Once I got into the story I could not put it down. The story focus on teen twins Violet and Luke who's artist parents have run off so they rent out their guest house to bring in some much needed cash. Bringing along mysterious sexy River.

Violet is the type of heroine I love. Smart and strong and not afraid to speak her mind. River was the typical mysterious sexy new comer who manages to get along with Luke and also makes an impact on the twins's friend Sunshine. Everything seems to be going pretty well, until scary things start happening.

I loved the tone of Violet's voice, and how twisty turny the plot was. Everything was sauntering along for a while and I liked the story and the budding romance between River and Violet but it was like...something else needs to happen. And things did start happening, slowly at first but twisting more and more.

I enjoyed the style of the prose as well, maybe not lyrical, but captivating and absorbing and some evoking imagery.

And there were some brilliant OMG what the hell is happening here twists towards the end of the book which pushed it from a four star to a five one for me. The novel was concluded, but left in a way so a sequel could happen. I for one, would definitely love a sequel.

So a huge thanks to Netgalley and to Faber and Faber for approving my request to view this title.