sunsetxcocktail

Amanda Foody
Progress: 209/416 pages
Legendary
Stephanie Garber
Children of Blood and Bone: The OrÏsha Legacy (Children of OrÏsha)
Tomi Adeyemi
Siren's Call
Devyn Quinn
Progress: 214/400 pages
The Body Finder (Body Finder, #1) - Kimberly Derting
A mildly Interesting teen thriller with a heroine with a unique ability. Violet's unique ability to find dead bodies was about the only unique thing about this book. It was okay, the murder mystery part was fairly interesting mixed in with some fairly creepy chapters from the killer's point of view,

The rest of the book seemed to be rather annoying teenage fluff. Violet has realised she's in love with her best friend Jay who she has known forever. Over the summer Jay apparently gets really hot and lots of other girls are now interested in him and this irritates her greatly. Two thirds of the book seem to be her pining for Jay and the rest of the book is the murder mystery. Violet's ability to find bodies get her involved in the investigation and noticed by the killer.

It was a reasonably fast read, Violet was an okay heroine, likeable enough, though got irritating when she was moaning about the other girls her friend was talking to including the school Beauty Queen and she and her friends get fairly nasty about it. Bitchy and slut shaming which while irritating I guess is not really surprising behaviour.

There's a little bit of romance that picks up in the second half of the novel which is sweet but if I wanted a fluffy teen romance book there are others I could read. I wanted a gritty paranormal murder mystery and didn't get . Everything was okay and mild. It was concluded with no cliffhangers so points for that.

I'm not sure I would really be that interested in continuing the rest of this series.

Crossed off first square for Bookish Bingo - has flower in title or on cover.