sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 445/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Invictus
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %
Mortal Danger  - Ann Aguirre
I got a copy from Netgalley when this book was available as a 'Read It Now'.

And I loved it. I flew through this book, I just did not want to put it down. Skimming through some reviews I saw it was pegged as Mean GIrls meets Faust. To me it sounded like a high school version of 'Revenge'. Either way, it was fantastic. I liked the female lead Edie right off, she was in a terribly dark place when the story stars and so easy to identify with as I have been where she was. Edie was a great character who developed well throughout the story.

Smart, and became stronger throughout when things started twisting and she realises there is more to her deal than meets the eye. The plot is so wonderfully twist turny. It's almost impossible to figure out who e good guys are and who the bad guys are. The guy who helps her with with deal is a bit of a stereotypical YA bad boy at first, (plus side he can quote Dr Who) but his character grows immensely too.

Not plot recapping as that would be very spoilery as the plot is very complex. And quite dark in places with some questionable moral high ground that fits in really well with the not knowing who's a good guy and who's a bad guy. The story telling was excellent, flowed beautifully even through the complex world building.

So glad I caught this as a read it now. I loved it and can't wait for the next one in this series.

A square crossed off for Bookish Bingo too - 1st in a series.