Meagan Spooner
Progress: 106/532 pages
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Jay Kristoff
Progress: 38 %
The Wicked We Have Done - Sarah Harian

No Stars.

Copy received from Netgalley.

I snagged a copy of this book from Netgalley when a blogger I follow on twitter mentioned it was available as a Read It Now. I probably glanced at the blurb and thought oh this sounds interesting.

Unfortunately I just did not like this book one little bit. For one thing I simply couldn't get on board with the idea of the Compass Room as a form of punishment.

For starters I frankly do not believe that science can determine the outcome of a person's moral compass. The criminals who perform the kind of despicable acts that the characters in this book did should ,in my opinion, rot in jail for what they did, and never be allowed out, not be offered some wishy-washy way out after spending only a year in prison. Where is the justice there? Doesn't sit well with me at all. There was also a very Hunger Games-esque feel to the survival plot and also felt like the Compass Room was too similar to the Fear Simulators in Divergent. Bottom line I just couldn't get on board with the plot.

And I could not find a single thing to like about any of the characters. They were criminals, and there was nothing to connect to. Couldn't understand them at all. Even the main character was not likeable at all. She came across to me as a simpering feel sorry for me pain in the ass because I did bad things but it wasn't really my fault and I was coerced into it. Coerced or not she was responsible for the deaths of other human beings.

Usually even in negative reviews I try to think of at least one positive thing I can say but I'm sorry to say there is not. I just did not get this book at all.

Thank you to Netgalley for making the book available as a read it now.