sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Eileen Cook
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages
Dare You To  - Katie McGarry

A most enjoyable romance following on from Pushing The Limits. This book follows Beth from the first book. I adored Beth in this book. She was okay in the first book, kind of bitchy and stand offish and still the same way in the second book, but this is her story so it allows the reader to learn more about her and why she is the way she is.

I just adored Beth. She knows exactly who she is and makes no apologies whatsoever for it. She’s still a bitch but she’s awesome in her own way. She has come from a very difficult home and after an incident involving her mom and her mom’s nightmare of a boyfriend Beth takes the heat and is arrested. She’s shipped off to live with her uncle Scott who she hasn’t seen since she was a small child.

Uncle Scott lives in a perfect little town. Beth has to start a new school and deal with rules for the first time in her life. Needless to say she does not adjust well. The love interest for Beth turns out to be the new high school’s golden boy baseball star Ryan.

Ryan was likable enough, though I didn’t fall for him as hard as I fell for Noah from the first book. Everything about Ryan’s life appears to be perfect from the outside but he’s got his own dramas to deal with. Though I will admit I actually wasn’t bored to tears by the baseball. I have no interest what so ever in any sort of sport. But the book was well written that Ryan’s struggles with what he wants to do with his life and the baseball

thing was actually quite interesting.

This book has the slowest building romance ever it. It’s so will they won’t they (even though you know it’s a YA romance so they well get together) it just takes time getting there. Very very emotional as Ryan and Beth have to deal with each other and figure out their feelings and where the fit in each other’s lives. As well as having to deal with high school and family problems.

A very good read, especially if you like heart wrenching, slow burn romances.

Crossing off a square for Book Bingo – ‘Set in High School’.