sunsetxcocktail

Amanda Foody
Progress: 209/416 pages
Legendary
Stephanie Garber
Children of Blood and Bone: The OrÏsha Legacy (Children of OrÏsha)
Tomi Adeyemi
Siren's Call
Devyn Quinn
Progress: 214/400 pages
Days of Blood & Starlight - Laini Taylor

I recieved a copy from Netgalley. I also purchased a paperback copy and an iBooks copy.

I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. I think I might be experiencing a book hangover. I got this book. Awhile ago on iBooks after I loved loved loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone but never got round to reading it. I got an email from Netgalley with a invite to read before the last book in the series came out and thought oh great, I'll get the Netgalley kindle version that will kick me in gear to read it as I have already pre ordered the last book even though I haven't finished the second yet.

I tried reading the Kindle version I downloaded from Netgalley and didn't get very far. There are some books I just can't read on Kindle and need a physical copy and this was one of this books. I finished the paperback I purchased.

And I loved it. This book was quite different from the first one. Much darker in tone focusing more on the chimera vs seraph war with hardly anyu of the romance angle. Completely and utterly absorbing, the writing is so wonderful I just can't put in words how much I love the style. The plot was full of twists and turns and I teared up quite a few times. There were plenty of times the horror of the war made me shudder and I had to stop reading it for a while.

Despite that it has everything I look for in a fantasy novel, great world building, gripping plot and fantastic characters. I loved it?

Thank you to Netgalley for the invite.