sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 209/416 pages
Legendary
Stephanie Garber
Progress: 105/416 pages
Children of Blood and Bone: The OrÏsha Legacy (Children of OrÏsha)
Tomi Adeyemi
Siren's Call
Devyn Quinn
Progress: 214/400 pages
The Falling Woman - Pat Murphy

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I had a nice email from a lady in the digital marketing department for Open Road Media offering an invitation to review the title via Netgalley. The novel sounded interesting, and I usually like things with Mayan history. I find the Maya rather fascinating. And the way this novel was described in the email I got it really did sound like something I would enjoy.

However, I just did not like this book much at all, and after 40% I'm just not interested in reading any more. I tried skimming through, but really just didn't find much to keep me reading.

So I'm DNFing. I didn't like the characters much, the main character, an older lady archaeologist came across as obnoxious and some what full of herself. I liked her adult daughter Diane a little better. Elizabeth sees ghosts on her digs, which was mildly interesting. The dig site was a little more interesting and the people working there. But a lot of the Mayan information filtered through the novel feels more like I'm reading a text book or report rather than a novel. The plot was very very slow and not much seems to be happening other than people working at an archaeological site. Even with the appearance of Mayan ghosts/spirits I'm just frankly not that interested.

Thank you to Netgalley and Open Road Media for your invitation, but this book was not my taste at all.