sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 21 %
Last of Her Name
Jessica Khoury
Progress: 42 %
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle #1)
Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman
Progress: 166/480 pages
Saving June - Hannah Harrington

This was a surprisingly emotional read for me. I knew it wouldn't be the easiest of subjects. I have never experienced anything like this at all, so I don't know why I should be such an emotional wreck whilst reading this.

I think maybe because it was so easy to understand Harper's tone and character. So well written and provocative it stirred the emotional strings right away. (Other than Aunt Helen and Grace) I don't think there was a single character in this book I didn't love. Despite the emotional difficulty of the story, the first half of the book took a while to get through, after about the 35% mark I read the rest in more or less an afternoon.

I loved the plot and the music filtering through. More than a few times certain songs have brought me to floods of tears, so the music aspect was something easy for me to understand. Harper's best friend Laney was a pretty awesome friend. Loyal and understanding. And Jake even though he could be a dick was a pretty decent guy. Not swoon worthy for me, but certainly a good hero for the book.

The only thing that bugged me was it did get a little repetitive in Harper's inner monologue sometimes, going on a lot about how hard things were, how things would never be the same and how things were not fine when she kept saying yes she was fine. But given the nature of the story, its something that could be easily over looked.

I thought it wrapped up in a very honest and believable way too. And yes, I cried my eyes out more than a few times.

All and all a fantastic read.

And a square crossed off for Bookish Bingo - April May or June in title.