sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Eileen Cook
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages
The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers series) - Denise Grover Swank

Actual rating 2.5 stars.

I got a copy via Netgalley.

I didn't love this follow up to the Curse Keepers as much as I loved the first. There was something...missing in this one though I can't quite put my finger on what it was. There was still an abundance of Native American mythology, fighting evil spirits, a new character introduced....

This was just a rather...meh...read for me. The plot picks up shortly after the first book, Ellie is now dealing with the consequences of what happened at the end of the Curse Keepers. I found the plot repetitive, a lot of unnecessary recapping of events in the first book to bring the new character up to speed. It did get irritating. And not a lot seemed to happen, there didn't seem to be much advancement in the story.

it was still well written, Ellie was still awesome, less Collin who hadn't improved much when he did show up. A new romance angle with the new character. Some grisly murders of people and animals (the animal mutilations were more upsetting than the people being killed) even so..

It just wasn't as good as the first book. Even though I didn't like the book as much as the first one, I will still be looking out for the next one as I do enjoy the series and want to know where the story is going.

(I have auto approval from 47 North on Netgalley, I think I also had an invite for this title, so thank you 47 North if it was an invite).