sunsetxcocktail

sunsetxcocktail

Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Progress: 53/400 pages
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Diana Gabaldon
Progress: 500/976 pages
The Queen Of The Tearling - Erika Johansen

No stars.

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I was actually really looking forward to this. After seeing a mixed bag of reviews, I was intrigued. Some people loved it, others hated it. Unfortunately, I hated this book. I managed 34% before finally quitting and deleting it from my Kindle.

Yesterday when I started by 4% I was ready to rage quit and wanted to throw this book out the window. 4%! It was ridiculously over written. With unnecessary details of the main character's child hood and how she had been raised isolated and feel sorry for me crap. I really don't need to know this stuff before the first chapter has even finished. Isn't this background stuff the sort of thing that can be added in throughout the story to give the main character some depth? Nope, not here. She judges her guards based on their appearances as well! How does she get to judge a Queen's guard when she has been isolated her whole life?! Urg.

I like to give every book I start a fair shot and 4% seems a little early to give up so I made it to 10%. The world building was a little interesting, its got the feel of a medieval fantasy but something else as well. But as I read on, I didn't like the main character, and the plot is stupidly stupidly slow. Its still very over written and there was a hell of a lot if info dumping.

I got to 29% last night, picked it up again this morning but I can't stand any more of this nonsense. The main character is an idiot. I don't think I've got anything new to add that hasn't already been said in other reviews.

I am done.

Thank you to Netgalley and Random House UK for approving my request to view this title even though it wasn't for me.