sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 445/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %

Review: This Summer

This Summer - Katlyn Duncan

I received a copy from Netgalley.

A lighthearted, fun summer romance. Main character Hadley has graduated from high school and is looking forward to her last summer before college in her home town set to have some no regrets fun with her best friend Lily. They have jobs at the local summer camp and all looks to be going swimmingly....until Hadley's former next door neighbour and best friend (epic crush) Will turns up unexpectedly.

Its a a roller coaster of summer time fun and will they wont they get together with other drama thrown in. A fast enjoyable read with not much to read into the plot, it's told in first person from Will and Hadley's POVs as they work together and figure out their feelings. Drama from ex boyfriends and girlfriends showing up. Will left suddenly and is hiding the reason why. Hadley can't decide what do with her feelings for Will.

It did get a little repetitive on the whole will they won't they theme but it was a good story, with mostly likeable characters. The best friend is kind of flakey and makes an ass of herself towards the end in a way I didn't like much, but the way the story builds....it's actually kind of understandable. Still don't like what she did though.

Believable characters, and also I enjoyied the summer camp setting because the kids actually weren't annoying brats.  They seemed like a good bunch of well behaved kids. And the counsellors did a great job.

Nicely written, decent story which I wrapped up with a definite ending, everything fit together a little too well for my tastes, but it was I suppose nice to see everything concluded properly with no loose ends.

A very enjoyable read.

Thank you to Netgalley and Carina UK for approving my request to view the titile.

also crosses off a square for my summer bingo card - set during Summer