sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 32/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 47/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 20 %
Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Progress: 151/400 pages
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 24 %
The End of Oz
Danielle Paige
Progress: 53 %

Review: Isla and The Happy Ever After

Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins

I read this book in two sittings. I also got in in kindle version and paperback. My pre order didn't come in time for release day, and I was too impatient to wait. So I devoured my kindle version. Until I got my paperback.

I was a little wary of this one, I loved Anna and The French Kiss, though was less than impressed with Lola and the Boy Next Door. Anna was an instant favourite, Lola I didn't even finish. Though I was pleased to find myself absolutely falling in love with Isla and Josh. (And i'm in the camp that has been pronouncing Isla wrong and even though now I know the correct pronunciation it still feels weird).

Isla was such an easy character for me to identify with. I found myself connecting with her right away. Having been familiar with Josh from the first book, I was looking forward to seeing more of him. While I had a dopy squee filled fan girl grin on my face for most of the first half, I did find their relationship a tad too...insta-lovey. She's had a crush on him for years, he finally notices her and oh suddenly they're a made for each other couple.

Normally this type of insta love annoys me to no end, but this is one of those rare occasions where it does't really matter because its such a fun, engaging story. I loved the way the romance built and how they learned to deal with other. Then about half way through....the tone of the story changed.

There were plenty of times when it was like...what is going on here? Where's my fluff? I want fluff - not heart breaking angst. Its supposed to be happy, its guaranteed in the title!!!

Though I have to admit the angsty tone the plot twists took were probably a lot more realistic than a fluffy fairytale romance. Which is one thing these books actually do pretty well. By the end of the book I was a blubbering mess. I cried my eyes out. I loved it to pieces. Another one I'm sure I will read again and again.

Also a square crossed off for my Summer Bingo challenge - A series finale.