sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 101/448 pages
Freed by Flame and Storm
Becky Allen Martin
Progress: 18 %
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Stephen King
Progress: 731/1394 pages

Review: The Iron Trial

The Iron Trial - Cassandra Clare, Holly Black

I recieved a copy from Netgalley.

I must admit I was a little apprehensive on this one. Even though I'm a total Cassandra Clare fan girl and tend to fall madly in love with all of her books. The whole premise of this series had a very big Harry Potter vibe. Though I will admit I did do happy dance when I got the approval email from Netgalley.

It took a while for me to get into it, I liked it, it was enjoyable and actually not at all what I thought it would be. I liked Thr main character, Call, he was a pretty good flawed hero. Not perfect but certainly not all bad either. He had a wonderfully snarky tone and a pretty good personality and grew as a character throughout the book. I enjoyed the world building and thought everything was quite unique. The plot was a tad bit slow, I kept waiting for things to happen.

The latter half of the book got quite exciting. The plot twists and the characters start taking on lives of their own and expanding as people. Some of the teachers were kind of flat, but the three main characters, Call and his two friends Aaron and Tamara developed brilliantly. Particularly Tamara. I wanted to slap her a lot during the start of the novel but did grow to like her a lot as the story developed.

There were some wonderful unexpected twists in the story, particularly towards the end. So now I can't wait to see where this story is going to go.

Huge thanks to Netgalley and Random House Children's Publishers UK for approving my request to view the title. I loved it.