sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 209/416 pages
Legendary
Stephanie Garber
Progress: 105/416 pages
Children of Blood and Bone: The OrÏsha Legacy (Children of OrÏsha)
Tomi Adeyemi
Progress: 214/400 pages

Review: Crown of Ice

Crown of Ice - Vicki L. Weavil
Read from November 08 to 10, 2014

DNFing at 28%. This was just awful. I just did not like it one little bit. I didn't like it from the start, I particularly disliked the main character. While books from the bad guy's point of view are always interesting to me...this one was not. I hated her tone, her personality. I frankly wanted to slap her.

It drove me up the wall how often she kept saying to herself whenever she started to feel emotion or anything "nope, not going to feel it. Not going to give into this. Let it go." (Other than the 'let it go' I'm paraphrasing) She's basically saying "conceal it don't feel it" but that constant 'Let it go' repeated over and over was just ridiculous. You're not Disney movie! If you're not going to break into song - don't keep repeating 'Let it go'. Its beyond annoying.

I had no sympathy for her whatsoever. Kai was flat and uninteresting. The only character I had the slightest bit of sympathy for was Gerda who had done nothing wrong other than be Kai's friend yet that made her an immediate target to be removed. Urg.

The style of the storytelling was uninteresting, and while I read 28% I really have no interest in reading any more. Disappointing as I was quite looking forward to this.

Crosses of a square for Holiday Bingo card - Ice Snow or Frost in Title