sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 108/368 pages
Reign of the Fallen
Sarah Marsh
Progress: 99/384 pages
The Glass Spare (Seventh Spare Series, Book 1)
Lauren DeStefano
It
Stephen King
Progress: 643/1394 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Godsgrave: Book 2 of the Nevernight Chronicle
Jay Kristoff
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages

Review: Sleeping Beauty and the Demon

Sleeping Beauty and the Demon - Marina Myles

I received a copy from Netgalley.

This is a bit of a difficult one for me to review. I love this series. I love the mix of historical romance and fairytale retellings. This particular instalment in the series was missing something for me. And its annoying because I'm not even sure what it IS. Book 3 in the Cursed Prince series is a Sleeping Beauty retelling set in 1913 New York. That alone should automatically made me love it.

It had all the tropes of what made the other books in the stories so good, a dark mysterious yet evocative and handsome hero with a mysterious past, and a confident likeable heroine. The connection between the two was intense and the sex was hot. The romantic build between the two leads was very good and I liked how the author weaved in illusionist magic and magicians along with the familiar Sleeping Beauty story.

But for some reason I just didn't love this book as much as the other two. I'm not sure why, I don't think I felt that much of a connection to the characters, even though they were both well written, the story was weaved together very well.

I liked the way it wrapped up and ended.

But...eh. I'm not sure. I liked it and already have the next novella in the series to read. Its a series I love and highly recommend to anyone who likes fairytale retellings with a difference even though this one didn't work for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington Books for approving my request to view the title.