sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Eileen Cook
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages

Review: The Winner's Crime

The Winner's Crime - Marie Rutkoski

I recieved a copy from Netgalley.

I must admit after being really excited for the first book and not being overly impressed with it, I thought it was very over hyped and I hadn't really been planning on reading the second book. Then I saw it on Netgalley, and figured what the hell, so I put in a request not really expecting to get it. Then I was really surprised when I did.

I did find once I started the book, I liked it a lot more than the first one. I don't even know how to put my thoughts on this book into coherent sentences. I find the plot and the world building absolutely fascinating. Politically based things even in fantasy don't really interest me that much, and quite often with this series my mind can't really grasp the complextiites of what's going on...but I still find it completely gripping.

Though I must also confess...I don't actually like any of the characters. It's impossible to say who's a good guy, who's a bad guy, who's a friend, who's a spy, who's to be trusted and who's not. And I'm not all that impressed with the barely there romance between Arin and Kestrel, both of whom annoy me a great deal. However, I can understand why its there and why it's a good plot twist.

I love how twisty the plot was. And while this might not be one of my favourite fantasy series, I am now dying to know what happens next.

Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc for approving my request to view the title. Next one NOW please!!!