sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 32/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 47/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 20 %
Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Progress: 151/400 pages
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 24 %
The End of Oz
Danielle Paige
Progress: 53 %

Review: Teardrop

Teardrop: (Teardrop Trilogy Book 1) by Kate, Lauren (2013) Hardcover - Lauren Kate
Read from November 29, 2014 to January 10, 2015

After really looking forward to this new series after how much I loved the Fallen series by the same author, I was very disappointed with Teardrop.

I found the main character to be one of the most obnoxious, self involved, whiny the -world-owes-me pain in the asses I have come across in a long time. Everyone was against this poor broken girl who is still wallowing in the death of her mother to the point of being obsessive about it. To be fair to her though, I can completely see where she's coming from given her circumstances. And to be honest, at that age, most likely, I would have behaved the exact same way. Just because I can understand it, does not mean I have to like her. I hated her.

i didn't find Ander romantic in the slightest. He lies constantly, his behaviour is stalkerish (I'm fairly certain he even admits this himself at some points) he gives her false information and yet Eureka is still fascinated by him and its all okay because of Reasons.

One thing I did absolutely love about this book was the mythology. I thought the way the Atlantis myth was wound in was fascinating. However, it took so long to get anywhere, and then everything happened in a rush at the end and was left at a big cliff hanger.

While I adored the mythology, I doubt I will bother with the rest of this series. I still love the author, and most likely will read her next series, this one was just not for me.