sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 101/448 pages
Freed by Flame and Storm
Becky Allen Martin
Progress: 18 %
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
It
Stephen King
Progress: 731/1394 pages

Review: White Hot Kiss

White Hot Kiss (Harlequin Teen) by Armentrout, Jennifer L. (2014) Paperback - Jennifer L. Armentrout

This was such a fun book. I've had this on my Kindle for ages, and was really looking forward to it but for some reason just never quite got around to reading it. However, after learning that the author (who is one of my favourites) planned on letting the fans decide the outcome of the last book in the trilogy, I had planned on ignoring it. Letting the fans decide how a series comes out does not sit well with me.

That being said, I can't remember why but at some point towards the end of last year, I decided to give it a go. And I did really like it. I loved the characters, I loved the writing, and the world building. Once i started reading, I couldn't put it down.

I loved Layla, (and I'm leaning toward Team Roth). I thought she was spunky, fun and while she did some stupid things, most of the time she was fairly logical and reasonable and a very likeable heroine. The world of demons and Wardens was fresh and interesting.

And a great cliffhanger ending. Even though I wasn't planning on reading more of this series, I have bought the next book and whilst I might not agree with the method of fans choosing the ending, morbid curiosity (and the fact I'm a total Jennifer L Armentrout fangirl) I will probably wind up getting the last one as well. What the hell. It's a fun, enjoyable series.