sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 32/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 47/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 20 %
Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Progress: 151/400 pages
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Progress: 24 %
The End of Oz
Danielle Paige
Progress: 53 %

Review: The Darkest Part of the Forest

The Darkest Part of the Forest - Holly Black

I recieved a copy from Netgalley.

And I loved it so much I also purchased a hard back as well. It took a while for me to get into this book, it's one of those wonderful books that gets better and better as it goes on and is completely and utterly unpredictable.

I loved the setting and the mythology, the way that faerie lore and magic worked within a modern every day town. How it was part of every day life. And at the same time it could go from being awesome, fantastical and fun to being thrown completely into a mess of very dark and deadly danger.

I loved the characters, and how there was no one particularly perfect, almost every character was flawed in some way, even the main characters made stupid decisions and did things they knew were going to have consequences. They way they dealt with it and how things spiralled together made them compelling and addictive.

I loved the storytelling and the writing, I loved the romance. I pretty much am having a gush fest for how much I just completely loved this book.

A fantastic stand alone with a memorable take on fairies, and fantastic characters.

So a huge thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for approving my request to view this title. It was awesome.