Meagan Spooner
Progress: 31 %
More Than We Can Tell
Brigid Kemmerer
Progress: 72 %
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Henry Farrell
Progress: 44 %
To Kill a Kingdom
Alexandra Christo
Progress: 38 %
The Last Namsara
Kristen Ciccarelli
Progress: 200/432 pages
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Stephen King
Progress: 974/1394 pages

Review: The Darkest Part of the Forest

The Darkest Part of the Forest - Holly Black

I recieved a copy from Netgalley.

And I loved it so much I also purchased a hard back as well. It took a while for me to get into this book, it's one of those wonderful books that gets better and better as it goes on and is completely and utterly unpredictable.

I loved the setting and the mythology, the way that faerie lore and magic worked within a modern every day town. How it was part of every day life. And at the same time it could go from being awesome, fantastical and fun to being thrown completely into a mess of very dark and deadly danger.

I loved the characters, and how there was no one particularly perfect, almost every character was flawed in some way, even the main characters made stupid decisions and did things they knew were going to have consequences. They way they dealt with it and how things spiralled together made them compelling and addictive.

I loved the storytelling and the writing, I loved the romance. I pretty much am having a gush fest for how much I just completely loved this book.

A fantastic stand alone with a memorable take on fairies, and fantastic characters.

So a huge thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for approving my request to view this title. It was awesome.