sunsetxcocktail

Laini Taylor
Progress: 106/532 pages

Review: Bleeding Earth

Bleeding Earth - Kaitlin Ward

I received a copy from Netgalley.

DNFing at 62%. I just can't stand to read anymore. When I first saw the blurb for this one it was a must have for me. A bleeding earth with a lesbian protagonist. Want want want. Unfortunately, I did not like this book one bit. The premise was initially quite interesting, for reasons unknown, the earth suddenly starts to bleed. Not gushing torrents but enough to rise panic and deep concern.

The characters were idiots. The main character in particularly acts so childishly it got to be so ridiculous I can't even finish the book. She came across as so...above it all. When things start taking a turn for the worst, she snipes at one point that the world renowned scientists on the news are idiots cause they don't know what's going on. It was like...the earth is bleeding and its icky...but so what?

She's reckless and cares more about sneaking out to hang out with her friends than listening to the logic supplied by Mum and Dad to stay home and safe indoors. The air is stinking, the blood is rotting, there's bones showing up and hair which for some reason seems to at one point try to drown her in the blood. So what does she do? Sneak out with her friends and have a party and dare someone to drink the blood.

There are snatches of incidents of people panicking - grocery stores are overrun and people are acting violent, people are attacking others over respirators. But again its like...so?

The sneaking out to party and drinking the blood were just ludicrous. I was ploughing through this thing to find out what...if anything....happened but I simply do not care anymore.

Thank you to Netgalley and Egmont for approving my request to view the title.