sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 445/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %

Review: Resistance is Futile

Resistance is Futile - Jenny T. Colgan

I received a copy from Netgalley.

Who knew a book about aliens and mathematicians could be so funny? I'm not sure what it was about this book that appealed to me, as special snowflake heroines with red hair have been driving me nuts lately. I think it was partly because she's a mathematician and not a YA character and therefore didn't fall into the special snowflake trope. (Also, the Star Trek fan in me couldn't resist the title).

I was surprised at how funny it was. Not the sort of thing I normally read, I look for something different every now and again, and a lot of the time I barely had a clue what was going on. The maths and physics stuff was completely over my head. I think it helped tremendously that it had a great flow to the story telling, and a brilliant cast of characters. Characters ranging from quirky to stuck up to bossy to annoying to just plain weird. However, all mixed together and given the circumstances and plot, it worked. It worked really well.

And it was hilarious in parts. I found myself giggling a lot when reading this book. So even though the plot was a little bit complex, it didn't matter because its still a really fun, enjoyable book.

Also one of those impossible to recap even a little without being spoilery. Though I did find it got a little bit ridiculous towards the end. It actually didn't end at all the way I thought it would. Which was surprising. Kind of bittersweet.

Still, the whole thing was fun and a bit different. Really enjoyable.

Thank you Netgalley and Little, Brown Book Group UK for approving my request to view this title.