sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 108/368 pages
Reign of the Fallen
Sarah Marsh
Progress: 99/384 pages
The Glass Spare (Seventh Spare Series, Book 1)
Lauren DeStefano
It
Stephen King
Progress: 643/1394 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Godsgrave: Book 2 of the Nevernight Chronicle
Jay Kristoff
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages

Review: A History of Glitter and Blood

A History of Glitter and Blood - Hannah Moskowitz

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I was really excited when I got the approval email from Chronicle for this title. I have heard lots of good things about this particular author. Though I don't quite know what to make of this particular book. When I first started reading it, the tone of the story was faintly amusing. Though when I went back to it about a week later...the whole thing was very confusing.

The world building and the characters are certainly unique...but...I just don't get it. I could barely keep uo with what was happening, the plot felt all over the place and I just couldn't connect to anything. I felt like I had walked in on a really good story with a really good joke and missed the punch line. I nearly DNFed several times but kept going thinking maybe if I need more everything would make sense.

It didn't. I liked the differences of it, and there were plenty of times where it made me grin. I'm not even sure if it was meant to be intentionally humorous or not. By the time the end came I was still confused as hell.

It wasn't necessarily a bad book, I can certainly appreciate as I said, the quickness and uniqueness. It was rather dark and violent in parts, and the sex thrown in was surprising as well. Didn't bother me personally, but I was surprised as the book is recommended for 14+. Its not particularly graphic and what I did like was the diversity in it. Its not just hetro sex that's implied. So plus points for that.

I would certainly read something else by this author, and even though there were a few things I liked, I think in the end this book was just not for me.

Thank you to Netgalley and Chronicle Books for approving my request to view the title.