sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 445/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 17 %

Review: Emmy & Oliver

— feeling love
Emmy & Oliver - Robin Benway

I received a copy from Netgalley.

This is one of those delightful books I knew I was going to love from reading the first few pages. This was a lovely, lovely book ranging from the most wonderful bantery fluff to deeply emotional drama and self discovery. I loved every character. Each different person was so fleshed out and real, even Emmy's incredibly annoying overprotective parents had their moments. Parental involvement (while frustrating at some points) in this book was well developed and fit the tone of the novel perfectly without being over the top.

Its also quite a thought provoking plot at times.

The story focuses on Emmy and Oliver, with the odd flashback from before Oliver disappeared and what happened after he comes back and how the two of them, their friends and family deal with his reappearance. There is some delightful witty banter, swoony romance and gut wrenching emotional turmoil. Nothing is as neat as it seems.

Emmy was a well rounded very relatable main character, with thoughts and feelings all over the place, a brilliant snarky wit and a sweet tender side. Oliver has a difficult journey from his reappearance to how to fit in with his mom and her new husband and daughters, at the same time trying to figure out his feelings for Emmy and where he fits in with her. Emmy has some fantastic friends to stand by her, who all have their roles and everything just clicks perfectly.

There were some incredibly deep emotion overflowing throughout and it was very moving. I just loved this book from start to finish.

Huge thanks to Netgalley and Simon and Schuster UK Children's for approving my request to view this title.