sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 101/448 pages
Freed by Flame and Storm
Becky Allen Martin
Progress: 18 %
A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, Book Two)
Jessica Cluess
Stephen King
Progress: 731/1394 pages

Review: Twelve Kings

Twelve Kings in Sharakhai - Bradley P. Beaulieu

I received a copy from Netgalley.

Unfortunately this is a DNF for me. Made it 43% but I'm finding myself skimming and not really wanting to pick it up anymore. Which is a shame because there were plenty of things about this book I loved.

I loved the main character, I loved the mythology and the world building. The writing is beautiful and vivid, so easy to picture the scene. Started off with a punch of fantastic action, leading to a female main character with everything I look for in a fantasy heroine.

My problem with this book is the pacing and the plot got very very slow. Every time I pick it up to read more it feels like I've been reading for a long time, only to find I've only cleared another 10% or sometimes not even that. While there were parts of it I really like, when I'm starting to skim is time to DNF.

I will buying a finished copy to read at a later date because I still want to know how the plot finishes, but at the moment, I'm DNFing.

Thank you to Netgalley and Orion Publishers for approving my request to view the title.