sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Eileen Cook
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages

DNF: Glass Sword (Red Queen 2)

Glass Sword (Red Queen) - Victoria Aveyard

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I wasn't impressed much with the first book, but the plot had piqued my interest enough to want to read the next one to see where the story was going. A few times now, I've not liked a first book in a series but on reading the second, I've really liked the second book. Not the case with this series.

I read 30% of it, and have come to conclusion I just don't care. I don't like it. The plot feels way too 'Mockingjay' like. I don't like the characters. Mare is annoying as hell, and I'm already sick of her, especially hearing her going on and on about how she is the most powerful ally the Scarlet Guard has, and how dare they throw Cal into jail instead of trusting that he's really the good prince. And she's still struggling with her feels for Maven and whining over how she trusted him. On the one hand, understandable given the circumstances, but on the other - don't care. I have no interest whatsoever. I guess after all, I just do not like this series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for approving my request to view the title.