sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 423/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %

Review: Cold-Blooded

Cold-Blooded - Lisa Regan

I received a copy from Netgalley.

I watch a lot of crime tv shows and every now and then I delve into detective fiction. This title caught my eye browsing through Netgalley's crime and mystery section. If it was a tv show, I would have watched it. So I put a request in.

It was okay. Heroine was okay, smart enough without acting too reckless and without thought. Though while I liked her tough-as-nails get the job done attitude, I didn't really feel much for her. I found a bit of lack of emotional connection to the heroine, compared to some of the other characters she seemed a bit flat. I did like the connection she had with her sister and her daughter, would have liked some more background and info on her relationship with the detective she was seeing other than how good their physical relationship was.

The plot was interesting enough, solving an unsolved murder of a teenage girl who everyone at the time seemed to like and respect, shot in cold blood whilst running. Some decent twists thrown in and some disturbing reasoning behind events as they played out. A bit too wordy and long winded as well when the criminal psychologist came in at one point. It was, however, very predictable and got a bit rambly and rather silly towards the end. I guessed who the killer was almost immediately.

It was okay.

Thank you to Book Enthusiast Promotions for approving my request to view the title.