sunsetxcocktail

Amy Plum
Daughter of the Burning City
Amanda Foody
Progress: 56/384 pages
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die)
Danielle Paige
Burning Glass
Kathryn Purdie
Progress: 110/490 pages

Ghost Trio

Ghost Trio - Lillian Q. Irwin I got a copy of this through NetGalley for a review.The story is about musically talented couple Lee and Devorah who have been together many many years, Dev an opera singer and Lee a pianist. When Dev gets the chance of a life time to play Carmen through eccentric Annajean Eggers initially Lee is reluctant to let her go but does seeing the fantastic career making opportunity that her beloved has been yearning for for years. The story starts out as Lee mourning the death of her beloved Devorah, who has perished in a tragic fire whilst staying with Annajean whilst preparing for the role of Carmen. The opening is beautifully depicted and Lee's heart ache is so raw and painful it almost hurts to read at times. Lee is on the beach by the castle where the fire happened when she hears what she believes is Devorah singing to her. Convinced Dev is still alive the novel takes the reader through Lee's journey to convince her friends and help her rescue her beloved. This story is engaging and impossible to put down, its so easy to connect with Lee's yearning to be with her lover again and her refusal to accept her demise. The world of classical musicians and singers is a fascinating one to me so I loved being immersed in that side of Lee's profession along with her friends also classical musicians. It only took me four days to read this and I will definitely be reading it again.