sunsetxcocktail

sunsetxcocktail

Once and for All
Sarah Dessen
Fireblood (The Frostblood Saga)
Elly Blake
Burning Glass
Kathryn Purdie
Progress: 298/490 pages

Evanescent

Evanescent - Gabriella Lepore I won a copy of this fantastic novella from a librarything.com members give away. The blurb sounded good so I took a chance. I'm usually not that keen on novellas and tend to like my books to be at least 200 pages, but I'm so glad I took a chance on this one because as it turned out...I loved it to pieces. It was a wonderful story. Engaging right from the start with an incredible cast of characters. Bronwen was an excellent main character, strong, smart with great voice. Half the time I wanted to punch Felix with his constant quips and annoying attitude, but he really does grow on. He matures as the story progresses and by the end of the book he was wonderful.His friends Alistair and Loki are brilliant characters. The writing is first class, beautifully touching and vivid. My only real qualm was that about half way through the novel you could tell how it was going to end, but that didn't really seem to matter as it was so well written. And made me cry. A great book and look forward to seeing more from this author.