sunsetxcocktail

Progress: 571/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Progress: 205/354 pages
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
Eileen Cook
Warcross
Marie Lu
Progress: 68/353 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 305/704 pages
The Winter Sea
Susanna Kearsley
Progress: 145/544 pages

Review: Daughter of the Blood

Daughter of the Blood: Black Jewels Trilogy: Book 1 (The Black Jewels Trilogy) - Anne Bishop

I received a copy from Netgalley.

There are some books you know you were going to love from first page, for me this was one of those books. This is one of the darkest, most disturbing fantasy novels I have read in a long time and I absolutely loved it from start to finish. About a week after I got ,approval from Netgalley and started reading I found it in bookshop and got a paperback copy as well I loved it that much.

I couldn't recap the plot for the life of me. Densely layered and complex world building and a variety of even more complexed fleshed out characters, brilliantly dark and intense. This is not a comfortable read at all in some parts. Some parts of this book are nauseating in their violence and debauchery. There is an undercurrent of sexual tension that runs through out certain parts of the narrative that is as frightening and it is fascinating. Despite the darkness and uncomfortable themes in the book, the narrative is utterly absorbing and gripping.

My mind is blown completely and I can't even really think of the right words to put together to write a coherent review.

So a huge huge thanks to Netgalley and Quercus for approving my request to view this title.