sunsetxcocktail

Amy Plum
Daughter of the Burning City
Amanda Foody
Progress: 56/384 pages
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die)
Danielle Paige
Diana Gabaldon
Progress: 350/976 pages

Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Perkins, Stephanie (2011) -

Initially I got this book after a bad day and needed some fluff to make me feel better at the end of June this year. I read the first few chapters and then sort of forgot about it. But then found a read along which I signed up for.

I bought this one and the next one in paperback and pre ordered Isla. I'd heard of this one but sort of ignored it thinking fluffy contemporary is not my thing but this year I've been finding myself reading a lot of contemporary and this turned out to be a fantastic book. I loved it from start to finish.

I had a goofy grin on my face whilst reading. I loved everything from Anna's tone, to the Paris setting. St Clair wasn't really a swoon worthy book boyfriend for me, I did grow to like him quite a lot throughout, and can totally understand why Anna fell head over heels. I loved the way that some serious things were brought in and at once it could go from being fun and cute to angsty and be smoothed out. (Some of it was kind of unrealistic, but hey, its a fluffy romance and fluffy happiness is what I discovered I want with this type of book).

I thought the story telling was exceptional, just right on the feels and the swoon. I could read this book again and again and again.

I just loved it.

Also crosses off a square for my Summer Bingo reading challenge - Set in Europe.