sunsetxcocktail

Stephen King
Progress: 423/1394 pages
The Library of Fates
Aditi Khorana
Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles)
Jodi Meadows
How To Disappear
Sharon Huss Roat
Progress: 237/384 pages
Flashfall
Jenny Moyer
Progress: 101/342 pages
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass)
Sarah J. Maas
Ryan Graudin
Progress: 17 %

Review: Glimpse

Glimpse - Kendra Leighton

I received a copy from Netgalley.

A good, enjoyable YA retelling of the poem The Highway Man. An interesting choice of material for a retelling something of which I applaud on the originality there. Would never have thought you could take an old poem and make a YA paranormal romance out of it. This is definitely something I would like to see more of.

Atmospheric and well written with a cast of likeable characters and a good narrative. I enjoyed the spooky small town setting, and Liz was a very likeable heroine. Liz sees Glimpses of horrible things after a bad car accident. Things have not been going well for her and after inheriting the Highwayman Inn she and her dad move in looking for a new change of scene and hopefully things will get better for Liz.

Of course that doesn't happen. It's interesting reading about how Liz handles the Glimpses and tries to find out what they are. How she deals with the new people and a mysterious handsome boy she meets.

The plot was kind of predictable...at least for me. After reading a few reviews that promised a twist at the end...I'd figured out the twist well before the half way point, that being said, I still really enjoyed the novel. It was well written, spooky and original. I loved the workings of The Highwayman poem and how it wound itself into the story and the characters,

A very good read. Thank you to Netgalley and Liitle Brown Books Uk for approving my request to view this title.

Also crosses off a square for my summer bingo challenge - a retelling.